Does your SO weight bother you?

I've come to realize the fact that my SO is over weight is bothering me. He's been this way since we met, but he also led me to believe he had already lost 30lbs, and was working towards a healthy weight. He's 10lbs more now than then, and he eats like he doesn't have a care in the world. He's so lazy about it too. I'll suggest working out, he's too tired etc. It's hard to be intimate, but I don't have the heart to tell him thats why!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• No my dh's weight doesnt bother me. He is heavy and always has been. When we met he had just lost 40 lbs and then he gained it back when I got pregnant. Now hes lost around 50 lbs, and he doesnt seem to care one way or the other about weight (mine or his). I love him for the man he is inside, not outside. My only concern and he knows is his health. He has had to change his eating habits simply because I dont buy alot of junk food for the house.

Answer by gemgem at 8:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, mine is slim and fit and always has been an athlete of sorts.

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No it doesn't bother me, I married him for who he is not what he weighs, however mine is on a health kick and trying to lose weight to help keep his bp down.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No. My dh used to be really muscular when we first got together (so was I) but he has lost it all and put on some weight (so have I haha). It doesn't bother me at all, but he's not exactly overweight either. If hubby's health was being affected it would definitely bother me.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• nope matter of fact i like just a little of a cushion. he isnt overwieght but just has a little bit of a layer of fat that makes him so huggable. matter of fact one time when he came home from deployment he had lost sooo much wieght and he looked good but i felt he needed to gain a bit. after being home and eating good cooking (the ships food was gross thats why he lost so much wieght) he quickly looked ten time healthier.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no my dh is a correctional officer so he is losing weight. still has a little belly but not much at all. i think even if he was big i would still not care. i am the one with a weight issue but the battle is on:)
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, I worry some about his health due to carrying a little extra but the weight itself doesn't bother me and doesn't hinder him, he's still very active. I wouldn't want him "skinny" but I wouldn't mind him losing 20-30 lbs. But I did/do talk to him about his health and the need to make healthier choices in foods so he'll be around a long, long time for me and my kids. That seems to have made a little bit of a difference. And I don't ask my dh to "work out" with me, I ask him to go on a walk and he'll do it, or play Just Dance on the Wii. My husband has a very competitive streak - his work had a mini Biggest Loser competition and he lost a bunch of weight for that. You could come up with a bet between you and him on who can lose a larger % of weight in like 2 months (even if you don't have much to lose, maybe it'll motivate him?)?

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I mention often how I want him around for me and our kids, and how I'd love to grow old together etc. I bought wiifit a little while ago thinking maybe we could do it together, but he refuses to get on! He says he works too much at work, he wants to come home and relax. Even a 15 minute wiifit is too much for him. He's always coming up with excuses. I want him healthy!! Wiifit classifies him as obese! And even though he knows it, it doesn't stop him from his eatting habits. He'll feel bad, get upset, and then eat 3 slices of nutella after a huge dinner. It's gross.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, my SO has a nice body IMO.... he is big and beefy (not fat he is just a thick man) I love his big arms around me! Have you tried like going to the park, zoo, aquarium or mall with the kids? That way he is getting some exercise. Even if it is only on the weekends it's better than nothing. And if he is considered obese then it's about health now, not vanity, you just might need to be honest and tell him. Make sure you are making healthy choices for meals also. Keep soda out of the house, no fast food, etc....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Unfortunately, he is a soda junky. I use to get on him about cost (not really, just thought that would work) and he started getting the .88 sodas, or getting them for free from buddies at work. He drinks soda NONE STOP. He'll take a glass to bed, drink it in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning.. etc. I make juice, hoping he'd drink that, but he always leans towards the damn soda. I actually just found a whole list of healthy recipes I'm gonna try, starting tonight. 550 calorie meal. We eat out a lot too. I keep telling him choices matter, if we goout to eat it doesn't mean he has to get a 15oz steak with fries, mac and cheese, etc. I always get a chicken salad, or grilled chicken burger, etc something a little less then death. His wieght is such a sensitive issue, that every time we even dance around the subject he gets defensive and we argue. I'm running out of options.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2011