Will you still travel by car even though gas prices went up?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Travel

• That's the only way we travel, whether a quick hour drive to the mountains or a long drive (4 hours) to our coast.

We even drove when we went to Ohio for hubby's job training in 2002. In February during a heavy snow ... I77 was nothing but a white sheet.

I don't do the flying thing because I have a thing about being in control.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Where I live, it's either traveling by car or staying home. Of course I travel by car!
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i doubt that we will be going on long trips anywhere this summer. besides we have our hands full with fixing up the house this spring and summer. so the biggest trip we will be on is to go to the nearest hardware store which is 30 or so miles and the va hospital for appts which is 60 miles (but they pay us for the gas)
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes I dont have much choice. I cant afford a bus, train or plane for our vacations. It isnt cost effective since its only a few hours away. I also cannot just not drive for my normal day to day things. I am in a small town and you have to drive or go without.

Answer by gemgem at 9:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Airfare isn't going to go down to rising oil prices. For my family it will still be cheaper to drive on our summer vacation than all of us flying, renting a car and paying gas prices. I just might not make the trip as extensive as I usually do.

Luckily, both DH and I each have side jobs that will cover the cost of high gas for the summer, even when it hits $4/gallon.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• To church, yes, to the gro. store- and to pay bills. YES.

If I want to go into to town to just do nothing, I'LL WALK. I live right near the boardwalk of the
    beach, so it isn't a big problem for me.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• honestly gas prices are not the reason we may skip long vacations for shorter ones closer to home.......its safety.....with all that going on in the world i feel safer staying close to home
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was referring to long trips. We love to drive down to Florida...
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• by car
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yep hwoever we are limiting trips and combinding errands even around town whenever possibe
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011