Why does he keep bringing up his mom and her past?

My fil told us his friend bought a condo in Fl for $25,000. He said it was beautiful.My hubby then responded it may not be. Remember when you bought mommy to a hotel that you thought was beautiful and she refused to sleep there? We are talking about conversations from 35 years ago. Why would my hubby talk about his past like that with his mom? I never had to go to a dive hotel but I did not want to make mil feel bad but I get tired of the reminiscing . Especially when I am not a part of it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• its just a part of who he is, a lot of people dwell in the past for various reasons and he feels comfortable talking to you about it.

do like spouses thru time have always done and just nod and say "yes, dear" and only 1/2 listen. He just wants a vent, you don't really have to listen to the same tale again each time. I know what you mean tho, I go thru something similar. I phase out anymore and just nod my head, he never catches on I'm thinking about or doing something else while he's talking about whatever..again. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Because thats his mom and dad and people talk about things like that when they are with them. I do it too and my husband wasnt around when I was a kid either. His parents and him do it too and again I wasnt around. I dont need to be included in every memory. I actually enjoy hearing stories like that. It helps me feel part of.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Memories are memories..people talk about them, especially family. I don't think this is a big deal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Make his mom your own and the problem gets solved... Pl don't take me wrong...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011