Does anyone else feel this way?

For some reason, I have a hard time keeping up with old friends after they move away or I move away. I hate sitting on the phone rehashing things. It's not that I don't care, but I don't like to talk about myself much and having long conversations on the phone.

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 9:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• yes if my friend lost contact i am not going for a 3 hours interview by phone. or just i am ok ,hope you too. bye
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no i enjoy talking to people. we have family that lives out of state and i call at least once a month to give them an update on the kids. (they are grandparents and great grandparents)
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no i have the same issue, i have a really good friend who only lives about 20minutes away but we only see each other a couple times every few months because i have rehassing stuff via phone.....try email or facebook
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It is hard, but make the effort at least once in awhile. It will be a comfort to you in the years to come, to have friend who knew you when. You don't have to talk to them as often as when they lived nearby-even once every few months, still keeps the string there.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have moved a great deal as an adult. I don't make friends easily and those I do tend to fade away when I move
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That's why I just text..keep it short and simple and don't have to be on the phone - cause I would be unintentionally ignoring them to pay attention to my Son, anyway. lol. So yeah, you're not the only one. I'm just not a phone person, anyway..at least, in the talking on it aspect.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i HATE talking on the phone.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 2:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011