Potty Training - He Won't Go at Home, Help!

My DS is almost 2 1/2 and is starting to work on potty training. At daycare he pee pees on the potty several times a day and even went poo poo today. When we are out in public he will tell me he needs to go and he will sit on the potty for a while and try (though he's never done anything.) But at home he throws a fit when I try to put him on the potty and when I get him to sit he's never done anything.

Any suggestions?

Texasgal99

Asked by Texasgal99 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• give him time and rewards. my second one is 3 and goes to the bathroom at school but at home its a never ending battle. so frustrating.... but i know he will get it eventually...just hang in there and good luck
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• With my DD we had to get her a little potty and put it in the living room. That's the ONLY way she would go. Thankfully once she started going on that we moved and were able to toss the potty and in the new house she had to use the big potty in the bathroom.
    Anonymous