Mean girl

This girl use to be friends with my daughter last year,over the summer they hung out and had sleepovers,now this girl is being really bitchy and leaving nasty remarks on facebook to my kids friends. I really want to address the problem and stop this girl from being so mean nasty and just out right pathetic. Or should I do nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Id just keep tabs on it. If it crosses the line into harassment or threats then I would intervene.

Answer by gemgem at 9:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Talk to her parents.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'd print them and send them to her parents.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you where friends with this girl I would talk to her and ask her why is she so angry. She may need to talk to some one?

I always did talk to my kids friends and they did open up, I know more than I should, but I feel I did help them.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• ... hmmm maybe talk wiht the parents idk if it would help.. i wouldnt want my mom to do that i might get embarassed... maybe talk to the girl......
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Have your dd block her from FB, then simply ignore everything she ways. Done and dusted. There's no need to engage and enable this kind of behaviour.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The same thing happened to my daughter back in 5th grade. Her bff for 2 years decided not to be friends with her. She then began harassing her along with some other girls at recess. My daughter asked me to call her parents and I did. I left a very nice friendly message for her mom. Her mom never even returned my call. I ran into the dad and asked him what was going on and he just blew me off. Now the girls are friends again in school. This happened three years ago. I think they want to get together outside of school, but are afraid us parents will think they are nuts. If I were you I wouldn' t call the girl's parents. Nothing good will come of it. Parents are usually very quick to defend thier children. If it becomes a bullying problem then address it with the school.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Talk to your daughter's so called friend. Also make your daughter to put a limit in her friendship till the time she is not really grown up...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011