I,m five months along now and was helping my fiance move books from a coulpe shelves into boxes, I thought that this would be a light enough activitiy, but the next day and today also I have a nagging and sometimes sharp pain in what used to be my lower ab area. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

caprisunshine

Asked by caprisunshine at 9:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had pains like that with my pregnancies, but you should still call your Doctor. With my 3rd baby, i was 9 months pregnant when we moved and lifted things that i probably should not have, but baby was fine.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• SOUNDS like round ligament pain - meaning you DID over do it - take it easy and call your DR and you should be fine
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Around 5 to 6 months is when you will start to stretch. All your muscles in your belly are stretching to make room for the growing baby so it is possible that this is what you are feeling. Also when you are stretching it is much easier to pull a muscle in you abdomon, which can cause pain. If you have bleeding however light call your doctor. But when in doubt call your doc. That is what they are there for. Good luck
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That doesn't sound ominous to me. I had a lot of round ligament pain with my last 2 pregnancies. It wouldn't be a bad idea to call your doctor

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• sounds like ligament pain to me and it's normal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2011