My boyfriend loves cars and is attracted to girls who also know alot about cars...I know nothing but would like to increase my knowledge, HOw can I do this?

KinsleysMommy15

Asked by KinsleysMommy15 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• look for a class you can take, or buy a "cars for dummies" book.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ask to borrow his books and magazines about cars?

But if he wouldn't do something like this for you, don't do it for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Surf the net; read magazines regarding the same...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You have the perfect resources at your fingertips. What kind of cars does he like? And yes there is HUGE difference.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• maybe buy some car magazines.or have him teach you that could be a fun thing for the two of you to do together. and he'd love the fact you wanted to learn for him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• ask him to show you how to work on your own car guys like that a lot.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My husband loves cars and I did not know a lot about them when we were dating but he taught me everything I now know even how to change the oil! (if he was not home to do it) Have your boyfriend teach you also google different car brands and just look up all you can! Go to some car shows or races too!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I ask my boyfriend about all the cars he works on and find out information that way and I look on the internet.
    jaydensmommy427

Answer by jaydensmommy427 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my sons dad loved to work on cars, i knew nothing about them, now i know more then i need to know lol..but sweety don't do it just for him do it for yourself to!
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 10:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• There are many categories of car people. You have the ones that only like certain makes (Chevy, Dodge, Ford, etc). You have the ones that are die hard fans of certain models (Camaro, Mustang, Chargers, etc.). There are also those who only like the classic muscle cars (1964 to around 1972 give or take).

Now, understand that car people usually fall in several categories. Me ... I am a die hard classic muscle car lover with leanings towards Camaros. I also like the brand new ones because they look like the older ones.

One more thing ... Horsepower (HP) is very important to car people. The more the better. The size of the engine is also important. Some will tell you (my hubby included) that the strongest motor ever produced was the 426 Hemi (HP was around 425 or more) for Dodge. I disagree, but that's another story.

I hope that helped a little.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2011