The ob nurse made me cry...

I just moved to fort knox, ky and have an appt. Today (12 weeks pregnant) and I asked to reschedule my appt. For wednesday due to my husband being gone and not having anyone to help me with my 2 little girls at the appt. Where they are going to do a full physical on me. They couldn't get me in for 2 weeks. They have a strict rule on children being in strollers, but my stroller is in michigan and I do not know anyone here that can help me. My sister in law will be here tomorrow to help me, but because I tried to reschedule my appt. She made me feel like shit because they really need to see me (which I know I have had 2 kids) what am I supposed to do though? I don't have any other options and to be honest I don't even fully know how to get to the hospital on base. Do I just take them and I guess they will have to help me or what should I do?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• to be sure and not be surprised, i'd call and ask to speak to the office manager. tell her/him about the receptionist/your conversation, explain you don't have a choice..and you will be bringing your children.
    chances are, you just got ahold of a really crappy-mood person when you called...it may be the policy, but everything is negotiable.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• besides, if the receptionist is that rude to everyone, the manager/doctors needs to know.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had not choice but to take all 3 of my young children with me most of my OB appts when i was pregnant last yr with baby number 4. It was difficult with a 5yr old, 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. Most of the time though i only had the 4 and 2yr old with me, esp if i had to be examined. But the nursed where i go were wonderful. I would take them to the appt with you and if they dont like it....just tell them you did not have a choice, you dont have help right now.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• They should accomodate you,you as a mother do what you have to do,the dr office needs to accept that.I would take the kids and explain to them you have no choice.I would figure most dr offices would understand.
    ashley9603

Answer by ashley9603 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• She was wrong to make you feel bad enough to cry. I would of told her you guys make the rules and I can't bring in my kids so I have to wait for someone to help.

Next time be ready to say something, these nurses are sometime bitches. And I would tell your doctor when you see him.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just reschedule and make a complaint about the receptionist. Just do what you have to do.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Reschedule and talk to the office manager. She had no right to talk down to you about that, you are doing what you need to do and since this being your third pregnancy you know what not to do and to take your vitamins. Another two weeks isn't going to hurt anyone. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wow. i had to go in once while pregnant with youngest. was not expecting a exam. had stepdaughter who was 4 and my 1 year old. so i asked the stepdaughter to look at the baby pictures on the wall and the doctor helped me turn the 1 year old away in her stroller because they need to check for group b strep. cause i had noone with me. i feel for you and i am sorry you were made to feel that way. hugs Momma. and i would complain about her to the doctor and explain the situation.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• This is why i love my ob office. If need be they have a play room that a nurse will watch your child during a physical exam. I do think you need to call and report the nurse no one needs to make a pregnant woman feel crappy.
    MamaTrombley

Answer by MamaTrombley at 11:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011