How affective is birth control??

I started taking my birth control pill last sunday (November 16th) My doctor said that it will be 99.9% affective 2wks after I started taking it. My question is: Since I've been on the pill for basically a week, how affective is it at this point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Health

• If you took it the first day of your period, according to the package directions you shouldn't need a back up method. However, if you did the Sunday start you will need a back up method. But for me, I always used a back up method the entire first month.

Also make sure you take it at the same time every day and if you ever take antibiotics while on the pill use a back up method, they make the pill less effective.
    Anonymous

• http://www.vcf-contraceptive.com/

this is what we used for the first 3 weeks

Anonymous