Fussy 5 year old (girl)

My daughter just turned 5, she seems a bit obsessive about how she looks, her hair, clothes etc. She started pre-k this year and i am hoping it is just a phase, being w all of the other girls and wanting to fit in, be pretty like a princess and all of that.

Any of you have experience with this, do you think it could just be a phase?

dharmagirl

Asked by dharmagirl at 10:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope. My 10 year old has been that way since she was 2. Everything has to be right. Hair, clothes, shoes.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• nope i don't have a problem with that issue but my son has come home saying he was fat..he heard it from someone..what we do to ourselves kids pick up on..calling ourselves fat or ugly or doing our hair and makeup..so maybe she picked it up from you or someone close or even tv?
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 10:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's a girl thing. My daughter is 5 and she is very picky about what brands she will wear. She always has to have her hair accessories to match her outfit and loves to have bracelets on. I am not like that..so I don't know where she picked it up.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think a lot of kids just hit a time where they want more input on what they wear, how they want their hair, etc. I don't think it is abnormal.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Could be a phase, time will tell.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Not just a phase, with girls it only gets worse, lol. Just wait 10 years. Seriously, most little girls are this way
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011