About how many times do you make the same meal for dinner in a month?

I try not to repeat the same meal in a two week period.
And the dear man here seems to think that the same meal in a 1 month period is just too often.
WTH do I look like..Rachel Ray?
UGH.
Is this the norm? Do you guys have a different meal for dinner every day for at least 30 days in a row?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I love to cook, and try new recipes, so I often go a long time without preparing the same meal twice, but when the kids were small and I was working and going to school, there were a lot of repeats. I do like to cook once, eat twice. Cook a large pork roast, have it with mashed potatoes and veggie the first night, then chop some up, add BBQ sauce and it's pulled pork sandwiches, skip a night and it's diced and added to diced potatoes and onions that have been sauteed for pork hash, or cut up and covered with cream of mushroom soup and serve over rice or pasta. Do similar things with a large beef roast.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I make the same meal about twice a month. I am constantly rotating among 15, or so, recipes. And ocassionally try something from a magazine. There are cooking groups on here that you might look at.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well I have a list of about 45 recipes that I use mainly. I try not to repeat a meal in a month, but not because of my DH. I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. I actually make a list of what I will be cooking one month at a time. That being said I do occasionally do quick dinners that are the same within the same month. AKA Spaghetti, pizza etc.
    laceyharris

Answer by laceyharris at 10:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Too often .... I cook for a PIA family. I love them but DAMN! These people have very limited taste buds!! No matter what I fix, MIL and SIL usually cover it in mustard. *eye roll*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Some meals I'll only make a couple times a year, but some of our favorites I'll make as often as once a week (but not many weeks in a row, lol). I don't really think about what I've made in the last few weeks when I cook every day, I just cook what sounds good or what's been requested!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• laceyharris..maybe I should take a page from your book and try to be that organized! I may just bite the bullet and do it...30 day menu!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• ew mustard? lol ...now i've heard of people covering everything in ketchup (my daughter and my best friend,lol) my not mustard..pukey.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2011