are Raid Foggers for fleas safe for my 9 month old to be around?

after we set off the bombs and come back and vaccum, mop, etc. is it going to be okay for my (month old? what should we do with her toys/bedding?

Megan M.

Asked by Megan M. at 10:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• no. unless you literally clean EVERY surface including all walls,etc,a residue will still be there. it gets into furniture,woodwork,mouldings,doors

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Heck no! We did this when my ds was 6 months old. We took all of his toys, clothes, and bedding out of the house. We closed off his nursery, taped it shut with towels around it, and it still stunk and had a residue on his furniture. We had to sit at a hotel for 3 days after while we had the house cleaned and scrubbed. It was so not worth it for us. And we used it for the spiders we had, not fleas, and we still had spiders when we got home.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• oh dang. hmmm well what would you guys suggest for me to do then? we needta get rid of these fleas..they where here when we moved in and we have had the carpets treated once..but it hasnt helped...
    Megan M.

Comment by Megan M. (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I've heard putting sea salt down on the floor, leaving it over night then vacuuming it is suppose to kill a lot of them. They will become dehydrated from eating the salt.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011