• In the Spotlight:

Do you think this is wrong? Regarding a contest & a winner.

A friend of mine entered a photo contest on a facebook page - she had to take a picture of her daughter wearing something from the company's line. Whoever's photo had the most votes on it won. A whole bunch of us (friends of hers) voted on the photo, and yesterday the page announced that she had won.
Apparently, though, the woman who ran the page then revoked the statement. Another woman had apparently complained, saying that my friend hadn't won, and that they had miscounted. The woman running the page decided then that my friend's daughter would not be recieving her prize anymore, that they had miscounted and this other woman's daughter would be recieving the prize.
Fine, so they miscounted, but should they send my friend's daughter a consolation prize for making a mistake? Obviously they should have counted several times before announcing the winner (and getting us all very excited that our votes helped her win), but what's done is done.
I should add that my friend didn't complain or lash out at the woman who made the initial complaint... but it's still rather annoying that they did that.
Would you be mad? What would you do? What do you think the woman running the company's page should do?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• I THINK ONCE THEY ANNOUNCE THE WINNER THAT SHOULD BE IT ~ DONE ~ OVER
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Contests are regulated.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011