Do you & SO have seperate check books?

Me & DH do have our own but we have each others names on both checking accounts so we can write checks out of each others account

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes. When I was working I had my money and I paid my credit cards. He paid the bulk of the bills though (house utilities etc)
    I'm not working anymore but I still have the account. About all I put in it now is refunds, rebates and money from personal sales.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We only have a joint account and I don't think he's ever even picked the checkbook up. I do the bills per his request.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Mom and Dad do but it's for the same account.

I have the checkbook for our account and we both have debit cards. He just had to remember to tell me if he used it so I could deduct it from the account and I had to remember to let him know if there was money in there that he could use. Now I am the only one that uses either one, checks or debit card.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, we have one checking account with both of our names. I pay all the bills. DH only writes checks occasionally and it's only if it's for something he needs at his work or something like that.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no we have a joint acct
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes but we are both on each other's account. My husband wouldn't know how to write a check if the directions smacked him in the face. Usually he signs it and I fill it out for him.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We each have a separate account and then we have one joint. My Dad died unexpectedly when I was young - my mom couldn't pull any large amounts of money that she needed out of the account, because it was a joint account. My dh and I always keep a portion of money in our separate accounts but his check goes into the joint account and all our bills are paid out of that.

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No. We have a joint checking and a business checking, and our names are both on both.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Nope. It's a joint account, one check book. And 99% of the time I'm the only one that writes checks out of it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes, we have separate check books and separate accounts but we both have access to everything.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011