Do you find that your professed religion has an effect on the way that others answer your questions?

And, as an extension, do you find that your professed religion colors how they will receive an answer from you?

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely. I have seen a great deal of "lumping" going on here.
    No, your religious affiliation has little to do with how I will answer your question. I believe we all follow our own paths. If I answer questions as a Catholic, it is usually not in a judgmental way but as an answer to a specific doctrinal issue and the Catholic church's stance on the issue
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes how I answer is almost always from my stance in Christianity.
    As for how others answer... I am usually not surprised in how the answers come.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sorry, Shaneagle, I just realized what the second question actually said. What I MEANT to ask was "do you think your professed religion colors what others will think of the answer you give to their questions?"

In short, do you think your professed religion has an effect on how people read your questions and answers?
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes. I seem to get attacked instead of receiving actual answers to my questions.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• not really..that i'm aware of, that is. if my answer (stemming from my particular religious/faith) causes someone to stir-up or huff-up in response, so be it. i only answer honestly, according to MY personal belief. isn't that what we're 'allowed' to do? that said, i'm sure i have pissed people off..how you react to something is your own bag of tricks, IMO. (it goes both ways, me included.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, not to my knowledge. I haven't seen anybody hold back in giving their opinion regardless of the religious stance of the person posting the question. As far as how a person receives answers from me knowing that I am a Christian, I don't know--possibly.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My religion or religious beliefs have nothing to do with how my questions are received, that is all in how I ask them. The same should go with answers but some people may read into my difference of religion more and assign their own "agenda" to my answers when none is present. ( I've had people tell me an answer is hateful because it shows a difference of opinion.)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes it has at times.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That's EXACTLY what I was asking, Kristi! What a great answer! And I don't even know what your religion is! LOL little joke...

But it was a good answer. =)
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think it does. It shouldn't but it does. It also depends on the subject of the question/answer. For instance, people see my screen name and automatically make assumptions (usually incorrect ones) about me and what I believe.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011