Is your DH or SO a naturally romantic guy, or do you have to always give him prompts?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't think he is naturally romantic, though he is very sentimental. He works at being romantic, because he knows that I am. In a way, that kinda makes it even more special to me. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He's romantic in his own way. The thing I have learned during my 25 years of marriage is this.

Most all people are romantic, they are just romantic in their own way, and they have their own view of what is romantic. For one flowers and gifts may be romantic.For another, bringing their loved one a cup of coffee with a hug and a smile may be what they consider being romantic.The key is knowing and fully understanding what our partners (and ourselves) view/interpret/feel is romantic. Most often than not, our partners are being romantic in "their" unique way, but if we do not know their idea of "romantic" we may not really get what they are doing. So,what happens is: one feels that romance isn't happening, the other feels they are being romantic and it's not being recognized as such (hurt feelings all around happens).

What helps in the romance department. Is understanding INTENT. If the intent is understood, the the action is
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He is not romantic at all and he doesn't take direction well :(
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes he is very romantic, he is always doing something to make my heart melt!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011