For those who suffer from eczema

Where do you get it and what do you use? I feel like I've tried everything. I've had eczema on my hands for a long time. I don't overwash my hands and I don't use scented lotions or soaps so that isn't the problem. What are you using to help?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 10:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• My mom has severe eczema on her hands. She carries around a prescribed cream everywhere she goes. Nothing else really helps her.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My ds has it really bad on the backs of his knees, his bottom and his elbows. We use hydrocortisone .5% and aveno lotion, on him, and the combo works really well. We tried other things like steroid creams and ointments, but none of them worked as well.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i get it in the corners of my nose,behind my ears,and on my neck. For me its stress related. I use a hydrocortisone cream for itchiness,and vaseline for the areas that crack

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• do you take a good probiotic, fish oil and vitamin d?
    don't use any antibacterial products on your hands.
    have you tried cutting dairy? gluten?
    have you had allergy testing? do you know if yours is from something that you ingest, or come into contact with? do you use unscented, no dye laundry detergent, and fabric softner?
    have you tried soaking your hands in an oatmeal bath?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The thing that helped the most was switching to a potassium water softener, not sodium.  You also might give this a shot: http://www.amazon.com/Dudu-Osun-Soap-Piece-Pack/dp/B000TAE0RK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IB1VLODD0Y3P&colid=IXWK2LETBJJ7

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• depending how bad it is you may wanna go see your dr.. i have creams and topical steriods for my daughters eczema
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011