Does anyone sell their creations? (Posted under hobbies/crafts as well)

I have thought a lot about selling things I make. I knit and I do think that I could bring in some kind of profit from making things. There are things I can make rather fast and my creations are things I'm usually pretty proud of.
I want to make my dream a reality, but I don't really know where to start. How do I get the word out that I'm selling stuff? What should I start with making? I am thinking an Etsy page, and something simple that I can make fast - hats, scarves and neckwarmers, baby items - but I'm not really sure.
Does anyone have a business selling their creations? On Etsy or otherwise? If you're comfortable with posting it, about how much do you make?
I am sure I have a lot more related questions that I can't think of now - basically any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• you can sell on etsy, ebay, your own site and locally at things such as vendor fairs, craft shows, farmers markets or even join local mom groups and advertise there. You can advertise locally with flyers on bulletin boards, classified ads, window decals, lawn signs, even a t-shirt saying what you sell.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• mine are not that good lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 3:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011