How to improve my relationship with my man?

Do you think I really love my partner? In the beginning, we were lovely/dovey. After about 1.5 years of being together. He started getting on my nerves. I actually see his flaws now. Some I accept and others it's hard. In the winter, he hardly likes to do anything. I'm the type of person that needs to get outside the house a couple times a week. I wish he could pick up threw out the day. I don't like seeing a untidy apartment at the end of the day. He likes to be loving by tickling, rubbing my skin lots and makes jokes I don't like. They are not mean jokes or anything. Just annoying. In the last 6 months, I don't like to cuddle like he does anymore that much. I prefer real cuddling a few times a week. I don't really feel sometimes he takes a interest in our relationship. He sits on his damn PC playing online games 10 hrs a day. It pisses me off because he put be putting some of that energy/effort playing dates once a week. Like come on, it's not that hard. It doesn't even have to be expensive. Our sex life is still good. I just don't feel as excited as I use to be with him. I don't really know how to go about bring these issues up without nagging at him. I feel I love him with my heart. I'm committed and willing to work on this relationship, whatever it takes. We have been together threw the bad and good. I know we only have been together for 3 yrs. But I feel like a old married couple or something lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm. It is normal to go through phases in your relationship. I often think the same things about my husband. However, we have an 11 month old and that of course changes the relationship. We also communicate a lot about our expectations and the phases we are going through. I can tell him anything. Are you married? Have you already made that commitment? If not, do you feel you have the same fundamental values as your man? Playing online games for 10 hours a day is not normal as well. I guess my advice is feeling lags in your relationship are totally normal, but if you can't communicate effectively and don't have the same basic values, staying in a relationship just because might not be a good idea. You might want to ask yourself are these just annoying quirks like we all have or fundamental deal breakers
    bartme03

Answer by bartme03 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't know about you, but whenever I got that annoyed feeling with someone I was dating, it just kept going downhill. I'd try and try and the feelings of annoyance just wouldn't go away. That's how I've always known when a relationship was over
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011