How can I change my name to my married name on FB? adult content

I cannot find a way to actually contact someone to have my name changed. It says I have to send documentation to change it as my name but I cannot figure out where? I wanted to have my new name as my real name and my maiden name as the alternate name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• That's strange. I didn't have a problem changing my name on facebook (but it does say to wait 24 hours for it to work). I know you probably tried this, but clicking on my account then on settings then on the word "change" next to Name should take you to a place to write in your name. Right now I have my maiden name as my middle name and married name as last name so that people can see both if looking for me. Is this where FB said you couldn't change your name?
    bartme03

Answer by bartme03 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• same as above poster. they tell you that it's 24 hour wait, but they did mine right after i changed it. i guess the rule is for people who change their names constantly. it may also help if you've recently changed your status to married. i too have my maiden name as my middle and it did help someone find me even though they didn't know i had married.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011