Dr, or nurse question(health)

I babysit a set of twins from my home. Last week my dh was sick with bronchitis, he stayed shut up in our room the whole time he was sick. I kept everything sprayed down with lysol and constantly using germ-x. Anyway, One of the twins came down with the croup right after that, could they have caught this from my dh. They just moved here and don't have health insurance. So If there is any chance I am responsible, I think it's only fair I keep the kids for free for so long. Already offered to pay the hospital bill and parents wont let me. So could croup be the cause of bronchitis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• You are setting a dangerous precedent there... it is going to be your fault every time these kids get the sniffles?? You can't keep kids from getting sick all together. They could have picked up the germs anywhere... unless they live in a bubble!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, bronchitis can not cause croup. Kids can get croup from the flu, rsv, measles and a few other things, but not bronchitis.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i think that is really sweet that you would consider caring for the kids for free, and that you offered to pay the medical bill! i think it is also very sweet that the parents did not let you!
    what a good arrangement you have so far : )
    sorry, i don't know if a child can get croup if an adult has bronchitis. i guess the only way to know for sure would be if both your dh and the child got officially tested.
    try not to feel guilty, and try not to go overboard with lysol too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You shouldn't feel guilty. Kids get sick all the time.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011