Do you give medicine for a bonk on the head?

My 2 year old just fell right on his head off of the kitchen chair. He has a good size bump on his head now. He is ok, but I am sure that would give him quite a headache.

Do you give tylenol/ ibuprophen for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• noyou need to keep an eye on him and dont let him go to sleep for an hour or so
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• not usually i just watch him and make sure he dosen't have a concussion
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no.
    if he has a headache, then that will remind him to take it easy for a little while, which is honestly what he might need to do.
    pain relievers deaden the senses in your entire body. this is not what a toddler needs, and their livers are so young, why tax them with drugs?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Not required. Only give him a light message on his head without using any cream & a hug is reqd. for the baby to know that you are there with him....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Agree with the above and you need to put a cold compress on his head to allow the bump to go down.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes I do. I figure if it's enough to give me a headache and make me take Tylenol, then why should I treat my children as if they are immune to headaches?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I usually never give any meds, . i dont like them. but i dont like massive headaches either...lol.
    I will keep him close, and keep a good eye on him. thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• NO! Ice
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 11:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Nope
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• good choice mama! my kids never let me keep ice on their bumps : ) but if he will let you, that is great!
    when i watch for a concussion, i watch the pupils and make sure that each are the same size.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011