Organic whole milk? or regular whole milk?

my son is 11 months old, i will soon be switching him to whole milk..Im debating whether or not to give him organic or regular? i know eventually he will prob drink regular, but for now should i start him with organic? Does it matteer?

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 11:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we do no milk. my kids all went from breast milk to water. we do very little juice, and when we have juice it is watered down.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I buy only organic milk and meat products. I have read a great deal about the effects of hormone, antibiotics, fertilizers, insecticides on children
    I think that if you can afford to go organic, you should
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I use regular whole milk. I think it just depends on your lifestyle..what do you want to do? Do you prefer things to be organic?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With organic, you are exposing him to less pesticide residue. Whether or not it matters is up in the air.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We drink regular milk. In my eyes, all that matters is that he is getting the nutrition he needs to grow up to be a healthy, active little boy.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Organic milk lasts longer than reg milk. We do not drink very much milk so it is nice that it has a longer expiration date.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We do Organic milk. I think that the calcium in milk is important, but the hormones and antibiotics added to the cows really scares me. I'd rather play it safe. We do organic meats as well for the same reason.
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 12:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Logan drinks regular whole milk he seems to love it.
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Organic only, period.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I give my son regular whole milk and he loves it. I figure as long as he is getting milk it doesn't matter whether it is organic or not.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2011