My 3 months old loves to watch tv

I read somewhere that baby should not be watching tv until they are 2 years old. My son loves to watch tv when I'm feeding him or whatever he does he always turns to the television. I normally have tv on all day b/c I have nothing to do other than watching tv. I play and tummy timea lot with him to get away from tv, but he usually find his way to turn his head torward it. Anyone have the same problem?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest turning off the t.v. when he is eating. Have quiet alone time and talk to him. He'll love it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't think it's all that bad. Honestly it exposes the child to a larger vocabulary and who doesn't like to look at bright colorful things? It is just important when they get older that you don't use it as a replacement for your attention. Right now you need to be entertained as well.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son did that too when he was a baby.  It's exciting for them!  The lights and the colors and the voices.  Imagine how you'd react if you were 3 months old :)  Like you, I always had the TV on in the house, but that didn't mean I wasn't doing other stuff with him like tummy time, playing, reading books, singing, etc.  I don't think it's a problem, IMHO.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Get the Baby Einstein DVD's. They've got lots of fun colors and funny little skits. My son LOVED them, my daughter could have cared less. I bought them for the entertainment factor, not the educational. Many Moms have ripped into them because they didn't make their baby a genius or something.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I agree with the Baby Einstein movies!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• he is attracted to the bright colors & sounds, its not harmful to him at all.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's fine! He likes the sound, light and movement. Watch what you want. Soon he will be demanding his shows. Enjoy the control of the remote while you have it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011