Tips for ttc??

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for ttc mommies.

Alcavin08

Asked by Alcavin08 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Learn to chart your cycle. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler is the gold standard. (Pregnant the first month... after many months of non-charting attempts.)

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Agree with PP. Chart. Fertilityfriend.com will teach you everything you need to know. They have a free "charting course." Also, start taking prenatal vitamins now to get your body ready. Try not to use lube, at least not very much of it - most standard lubes are NOT sperm friendly.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• In addition to charting, make sure you're taking care of yourself as if you were already pregnant. That includes eating right, taking your prenatal vitamins, and avoiding sushi, alcohol, smoking, and other things you need to stay away from when you're pregnant. Do what you can to reduce your stress as well, as stress can suppress ovulation and make it that much more difficult to get pregnant. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• take prenatal vitamins, just have SEX!!!!!! hehee
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would try to find out when your ovulating :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart.

You can chart for free at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

I've gotten pregnant FIRST TRY with my last two pregnancies because I charted.

Anonymous

• Legs/butt/back elevated after.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Big bottle of wine and a nice massage!!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Like some of the other posters said, LEARN YOUR BODY! Every woman should know their bodies TTC or not.

Also, know when it's time to seek out help. If you are under the age of 35, and you go over a year without getting PG, it's time to go seek medical help.

I do know my body. Charted. All the 'right' things. And it still took me 8 years to get PG (via IVF). Don't be afraid to ASK!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2011