Serious question....

the question is how do you tell someone that there husband is using them to get his papers? i know if i tell her she wont believe me but she needs to know..... i know this from him talking to my husband...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell her anyhow. She needs to know this; better than getting used...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• don't say anything. i know it feels wrong not to but for the sake of your friendship with her i wouldn't say anything. all you can really do is be there when it all goes south. sad but true. she's gotta learn for herself
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you know she won't believe you, there's not much you can do.  You could either just mind your own business, or talk to someone else close to her if you want to get involved.  That stinks for her.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• dont get involved
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 11:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• :( How sad. Alot of people wouldn't say anything, but if it were me, Iw ould want to know, and would be so grateful that someone had the courage and concern to tell me. You could say, "I hope it is not true, but there are rumours going around that your husband is using you to get papers." It is possible that she knows this . . . it is totally illegal, but alot of AMerican citizens DO hire themsleves out for that.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just be there for her when the marriage fails. If you don't think she is going to listen, then stay out of it. Telling her what she already suspects will do nothing but drive a wedge between you and she will resent you. Just be a good friend and help her pick up the pieces when he does leave.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• She'll figure it out eventually.....

I would stay out of it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• BS meter is going off on this one
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• she we have been friends for about  4  years they have been married for almost 5 years and they have been having allot of problems the past year and a half they were going to get a divorce about 4 months ago and he made up to her but when he came over to my house to have guys night he and my husband was talking see he is right there on the edge of being approved they are just waiting now and even worse MY HUSBAND AGREES WITH HIM! that he should stay with her and when he is approved leave! i find this very sickening and i asked my dh but he says its not out problem to leave it alone.....i know he is right and i don't want to fight with him about other peoples mistakes but she is my friend

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The way I see it is that sometimes you care enough about someone that you put your friendship on the sidelines to do what is right for your friend. ANyhow, if she finds this out. and then finds out that you knew about it and didn't tell her, you are toast anyway.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011