Experience with ELP Testing (German)

We moved to US Sep.2009. After 1 1/2 years in school in the US, finally the tested my 15 year old daughter. Didn´t get info what ELP is, neither did they get my permission. Is that a normal prossedure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• ELP English Language Proficiency - by enrolling your daughter in a public school with German as her primary language, they would, of course, test her English Proficiency....and most likely do not need your permission to do so. They are trying to figure out WHERE she fits in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I understand, but they finally tested AFTER 1 year in Middleschool and 1 Semester in Highschool. A little late. They "tested" the little one, she is having the most problems, but didn´t put her in the system to watch her progress???? And I am sorry, but I want to know, what there doing with my child, so I want to know what and when there testing. Feels like a guinea pig without any rights. That is why I am looking for someone with the same experinces to share.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Then schedule a meeting with the principal and guidance counselor and ask!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011