I NEED ADVICE moms who have kids with allergies to dogs and cats:

we bought 9 bags full of clothes from someone who works with my hubby for our girls...most are for the oldest or will be next year. i was going through the bags and we found animal hair all over a lot of the clothes. My oldest (willow) is highly allergic to dogs and severly allergic to cats (we have had the testing) i vacuumed the floor and and washing them as fast as i can. i am trying to find hair and am finding some on what i have already washed. do i re wash them or just sdend them somewhere else. she has ashma related to her allergies... how do i get all the hair out or do i just keep looking for the hair. AN I FREEKING OUT TO MUCH ABOUT IT. HOW DO I GET THE HAIR OUT....HELP...ADVICE PLEASE

it doesnt help that she is highly allergic to indoor/outdoor molds too and our basement is flooded and keepss flooding cause the ground is so wet.

IM SO STRESSED

VDietrich

Asked by VDietrich at 12:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sorry ~ my dd has pet allergies. I would wash and use a vinegar rinse. If it didn't work I would get rid of them.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would probably rewash them and keep them in a garage or something while you do it to minimize contact. My 9yo son is severely allergic to cats and dogs. Unfortunately every single one of his friends has a cat or dog...or both. Poor kid. Doesn't matter where he goes he comes home with bloodshot eyes and his face itching like crazy. He tries to avoid going over to friends that have cats because he's more allergic to them (they cause him to break out into hives, his face to swell up, eyes swell shut, lips turn blue, etc). Dogs mostly just make him miserable and he can't breathe. When he comes back from a friend's house he has to strip down and put his dirty clothes in the laundry room (as opposed to the basket in his room) then wash his hands, arms and face. He usually asks for benadryl before he even goes out to play with his friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011