Antimalware GO virus?

So I have no idea how, but apparently my computer was infected the Antimalware Go virus. It keeps popping up security alerts saying I have viruses I need to treat by purchasing the program. The second I saw it I knew something was fishy so no I did not purchase anything. Ive tried downloading virus removers but this stupid thing is blocking any and all downloads. Has anyone had this happen to them?? If so, how did you remove it?? What are the dangers if for some reason I cant remove it??

Please help :/

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Technology

• BUMP...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• sorry this is a better program. http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• actually ignore that last one.. i have reviewed the program it has some minimal flaws and doesnt work with vista. just have a search around you will know the legit sites when you see them otherwise microsoft antivirus is a good one. much better then norton.. sorry for the confusion.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• try typing in the word,striker and enter it and see what happens.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011