Are there any non-theistic Pagans here?

What do you call your particular belief system? Do you belong to a group of like-minded others? Do you belong to a group of like-minded others? What things do you do to practice or honor your spirituality? Please share anything else you think s relevant.

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 12:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised as a Christian but never believed in personal gods. I started exploring other paths, and about 18 or 19 years ago, I considered myself Wiccan and practiced for several years. I always saw the gods and goddesses as metaphor though, while others literally believed in gods. I've known others neo-pagans with similar views too though. In more recent years, I've explored and feel I relate to other paths a little more, although there are still aspects of Wicca and neo-paganism that I embrace and are still quite compatible with my views (Harm None, reverence for Nature, etc.). I discovered Scientific or Naturalistic Pantheism in recent years, and it was like finding a name for what I've believed my whole life. It's essentially a non-theistic perspective on the concept of 'God'. I have also been practicing Buddhism and even more recently some aspects of Taoism. I'll give you a bump to help you get some more answers! :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh, I do not belong to a group at this time, but we may start attending a local Unitarian Universalist Church in the future. It's nearly an hour away from us though, so we may not attend every week, and we're holding off on a visit until my son gets a little bigger. I can practice my spirituality anywhere--at home, out in Nature, just taking a walk or sitting in meditation, even doing the dishes. ;-) Just being mindful as often as possible in whatever I do and trying to be compassionate to other people and other living (and non-living) things is my practice.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011