In your experience

Did being pregnant with a girl make morning sickness much worse than it was when pregnant with a boy?

I am terribly sick all day long. I throw up almost everytime I eat, its not usually much but vomit all the same and I am constantly gagging and dry heaving. I was never sick like this with my son's but with my daughter I couldn't keep down anything for the first trimester and part of the second.

MamaCass05

Asked by MamaCass05 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no, not in my experience. i've had 3 girls and never threw up with any of them, i was always really nauseous in the first trimester though. some days i felt like i would throw up but never did, and it was worse when i would brush my teeth or take my prenatal, so i had to take it at night instead.

my friend on the other hand, had a boy first and was never sick, and is now pregnant with a girl and still throwing up everyday in the third trimester.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My morning sickness got progressively worse and longer with each pregnancy. I had a boy, boy, girl, boy, girl. With both my 4th and 5th I threw up the entire 9 months several times/day even with medication.

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a boy and a girl, and I felt the same with both of them.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• this is my first and she's a girl. i was sick ALL the time for 5.5 months : /
    i even had to be hospitalized with ivs for hyperemesis
    i've heard girls make you sicker.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 12:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• For me, I had a lot of morning sickness with my son, which was my first pregnancy. This time I am having a girl and I haven't really had morning sickness.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011