My SIL is driving me crazy. Do you have one like this? VENTING!!

My SIL (husband's sister) is single, in her 40's, no particular passion about anything except shopping and eating,very sheltered growing-up and still is very sheltered in some way. So to point out the obvious, her life experience is limited. She often gives me unsolicited advise. Just last night, she told me "You look SOOOO much better in the blue fleece than the green fleece" I just looked at her, and said "thanks" and kept quiet. Meanwhile I am stewing inside. A few hours later, she tells me aren't you concerned about Gabby's toe-turning inward when she walks, she's going have hip problems. I said "no , the pediatrician took a look and was not concerned, and she' running, jumping without problems" She kept pressing, I snapped back "I really only care about what's in side her brain more than what her feet look like". Do you have a SIL like this? Someone who can't stay out of your business and gives you unsolicited advise, meanwhile you are thinking why don't you spend all that energy getting your life together (or just get a life)?

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup, she likes to tell me I should be giving my kids this food and that food because "they like it" and because she gives it to her daughter, who is HALF the age of my oldest. My son is a smart, well behaved 6yo who has been that way all his life. He daughter is a mouthy, bratty, biting 3yo and my SIL says she is too young to be taught and just let her get away with it. But she is ALWAYS telling me what I should do with my son. I just usually bite my tongue, unless her brat (I DO love my niece btw...) bites and hits my son, who has been taught to be nice and not fight, so he doesn't defend himself because she is a girl and younger.

Sometimes you just gotta decide what is more important. Telling off in-laws and possibly alienating yourself from them, or putting up with snotty unsolicited advice every once in a while.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yeppers Sure Do!!!!!
    TheKeeKo

Answer by TheKeeKo at 1:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sounds like mine too. Take it from my experience , ignore her bs silver spoon up her a@@ comments.. Just play her off. My son is now in his early teens and she respects me even though she is still single, shopping and so so alone.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• bumpI'll bump your question because I know exactly how you feel!

mamacita69930

• Yes I do, but I just ignore her , I hate a pest!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I hate a pest too. I just want to smack them! and put them out of their misery
    Olivia4116

Comment by Olivia4116 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011