Visitation question. Can I do this?

The visitation schedule we have for our daughter says my ex gets her 1st and 3rd weekend of the month from 4pm sat till 8am Mon. He hardly ever takes it (like once every 3months he'll take a weekend), but when I ask if I can have her on his weekend for something he always makes sure to say no its my time I'm taking her. Anyways my younger kids have spring break next week. We wanted to leave on Thursday, let the kids miss school Friday, and then come back the following Tuesday to go visit my grandma (who is dying of cancer) and some other family. They live 4hrs away. Problem is that weekend could be my ex's weekend if he wanted it.

It doesn't say anything in the agreement about where he picks her up, just says she has to be available. If he happens to call wanting her that Friday would it be ok for me to say ok fine, I'll meet you 1/2 way. So he drives 2hrs, and I drive 2hrs to get my oldest daughter?

Any suggestions? He probably wont take her that weekend anyways, but I know if I asked he'd do it just to make things difficult. That's how he is. He doesn't even keep her on the weekends he does take her, he takes her to his moms house and leaves her there. Thanks ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• LoL seriously.... whats gonna happen? He can't really do anything, you can prove that he is not consistant with his visits and get his time with her reduced.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't see why it wouldn't be...if it doesn't specify a specific location. I think half way is fair. He may not want to put out the effort if he has to do that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Me personally I would just take her with me..its an ill family member..write it down some where for later purposes..just in case he decides..since he doesn't seem to want to get her unless u say u want to do something including her..just don't mention your plans to him..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Your visitation doesnt have anything about holidays? I would be careful but if he never takes his weekends then I wouldnt worry about it I guess. Just be aware you can be held in contempt for doing it if he wants his visits. Whether or not you have in the CO where to do drop offs, if you have been doing them at the same place mostly the judge will know this time you made it harder.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I personally would not even say anything. I would just go. If he calls just tell him where you are at and what he has to do to pick up his DD.

Answer by louise2 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Take her with! it's a family vacation! She needs to see her family especially if she may not have another chance to see them
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011