Babyshower ideas

im having my first girl and my friend is throwing me a baby shower but i dont know what kinda stuff to buy food and decorations

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• get finger foods, a cake and buy "it's a girl" type decorations.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• agree with the answer above. I went to a baby shower recently and they had gotten some newborn clothes and hung them on some string like a clothes line it was cute. Duck themes are fun also
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Food : Finger foods sandwiches.. you can make creme cheese and cucumber sandwiches really easily, and then get fun cookie cutters to make them into shapes.. they have baby themed ones. Chips are always a must, or popcorn. You can get tortillas spread ranch on them then add ham/ or turkey then lettuce then roll and cut and have little circles.. baby carrots, baby veggies are always a good idea. Cake is nice and punch, get ginger ale pour in bowl add sorbet to it, whatever flavor you wish. You can get fruit and a melon baller and scoop out baby pieces. A neat thing that you can do for glasses that the baby shower guests will drink from is to use baby bottles as glasses. Take out the nipples of the bottles and put fun colorful straws and fun cocktail umbrellas .
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We build the theme around the cake we pick. I would go to cakecentral.com and get some baby shower cake ideas, and then go from there. You can also get themes at party city. My dd's last theme for a girl was a carousal cake with teddy bears. We used the teddy bears for most of it and added some pink. Just look around.
    As for food, finger foods work. I went to Walmart and got 2 meat trays & 2 veggy trays, and ordered 6 ft sub from subway. Then juice, tea, soda & coffee to drink.

Answer by gemgem at 12:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_decorations.html Is a good site for decorations, and you can go to the home page for other ideas... BUT it is her giving you the shower.. you are meant to sit back and enjoy the lavish of love.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Look up some ideas on the Internet. I haven't had a baby in so long it is hard to remember what we did.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• For food, you can do finger foods, have buns with different things to put in it like lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, etc, pizza, my mom made lasagna for my first one...anything like that would be good. For decorations, anything baby girl/ it's a girl, or if you're having a theme for the baby room, you can have it in that theme.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011