Is green tea safe during pregnancy?

Besides the caffeine there is nothing in there harmful right? I mean some teas have raspberry which is bad and some have licorice and I know that is REALLY bad.. but other than that nothing in plain green tea that is bad for you? I have issues with staying hydrated and I am trying to find an alternative to soda.. which is hard cause basically I am just not drinking I find water vile even flavored water...I just keep getting sick on it.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 12:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It actually blocks the absorbtion of the folic acid from your prenatals.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I can't take those.. cause I keep getting sick to my stomach on them... would it block it in it's natural form as well?
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The one site I found that says it blocks folic acid says it is okay to drink red raspberry leaf but I know that causes misscarriages in early pregnancy.. so I wonder how accurate that is.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You can get pregnancy tea from Traditional Medicinals. It does have some raspberry leaf, but not a lot. I drank it quite a bit when I was pregnant.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't know.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011