Tips on Cooking for One?

My husband just got transferred for a job and will be out of town Mon-Thurs. Since we don't have any children yet(TTC 5 yrs and hoping to Adopt) It is just me, myself, and I. I can cook well, but I've never cooked for one before. Even when I was in college I fed my roommates! What is something I can make and not have leftovers for a month? (Some leftovers are okay, since the DH will probably be anxious for a home cooked meal when he gets home for the weekend.)

heatherhall88

Asked by heatherhall88 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can buy one steak or if you have to buy more than one piece of chicken breast, you can use one and freeze the others individually to cook later. If you don't have one of those little indoor grills, by all means, get one of those. They are fast and wonderful for grilling pork chops, chicken or steak. Many of the manufacturers are now making single serve frozen and canned vegetables and Meijers has a lot of produce that is packaged for one. You can also buy frozen loose packed veggies so that you can take out and cook only one cup, if that's all you need. Another suggestion would be to cook more on 2 or 3 days, so that you have enough leftovers for the week-end and can spend all your time then with your husband.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yumyum.com
    you can change the serving sizes to however many you are serving.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You can make your favorites, and freeze in individual portions - then all you have to do is pop one in the microwave or oven (depending what it is, how you prepped it, and what you froze it in) and eat. It's also a great idea for once you do have a little one. You can spend 1 day cooking a bunch of dishes, then you won't have much clean-up either on the other days.
    Anonymous