I am a bit scared.

Today I am going to the doctor to fill out the paper work for my hysterectomy. I am relieved a bit but still scared how would you feel?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 12:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• Any time you have sergery. It is risky. Most people are scared. You are not alone.

Answer by louise2 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't think I would be all that scared. It might as well be a C-section, except you're not taking a baby home with you lol
    Just relax.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think I would be nervous but excited that I would never have a period again!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think you will be ok.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• What are you scared of? The finality of the whole thing? I can understand that. I am getting my ovaries removed and I feel that way. I felt like that when I had my tubes tied too. It's just the permanence of the situation.

It could also be the not knowing what to expect. That get's to me every time. If your doctor hasn't told you, they do most hysterectomies vaginally now, so it's less invasive, and you recover really quick!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I signed my papers yesterday and spoke to my doctor and husband about my concerns. I guess what you said is right not knowing will get you all the time. I feel better now and know that I will be great after. Thank you ladies for your encouraging words.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011