What do I do if I am in the emergency room at the time of my court date?

Will they reschedule my court date for me or issue warrent anyways? My court date in a couple hours and I really need to go see doctor. I can't stop throwing up.

nashia

Asked by nashia at 12:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Theyll issue a warrant. You have to have someone go to court on your behalf like I said yesterday and explain youre in the hospital & they can ask for a continuance. My friend was in the hosp giving birth on her court date and they didnt care.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Are you throwing up out of illness or nerves?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I will call my lawyer and have him tell them I am there and I will have proof. Do you think they will still issue warrent?
    nashia

Comment by nashia (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• call the clerk of courts and tell them your situation. They will tell the judge. They will let you know if h is willing to reschedule. Also call your lawyer and tell him. He can go and also let them now you are ill. Go to the doctor or er and get it documented though.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have stomach ulcers, I don't know if it from them or nerves, I didnt sleep at all last night from stressing
    nashia

Comment by nashia (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Go to your court date. and throw up there. They will probably rescedule for you. Hopefully.

Answer by louise2 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you have a lawyer then he would be in court for you telling them youre in the hospital. You call your lawyer and tell him you are at the ER.

Answer by gemgem at 12:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If it's due to nerves, you need to make your court date. Unless you would see a doctor today if you really didn't have court.
    Anonymous

• Nashia, I've read the other questions. Go to court. Tell the judge that you want a new lawyer. Appointment of a new attorney will postpone any further action. Then get your materials together.

Be warned, though... courts are getting tougher. If you've had a continuance before you likely will not get another.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think you dont want to go to your court date. Yesterday you were asking about admitting yourself to the hospital for nerves, but you obviously did not do that. Now you are saying you have nerve issues again and are vomitting. You really just need to go to court and face the music. I don't know what its for, but postponing it is not going to change anything but the date you pay the piper.
    Anonymous