Who is your favorite historical figure/character and why?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 12:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't have just one I have a whole era. I love the Italian Renaissance period and the people that lived during that time. I find it fascinating and interesting that some many wonderful people lived during that time. From the art work, to the banking system and the architecture.

For me it is just an amazing period of history!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Grace O'Malley, she was the pirate queen and part of a rebel during the Tudor period. Why? Because she was bad ass lol. According to Irish legend, as a young girl she wished to go on a trading expedition to Spain with her father, and on being told she could not because her long hair would catch in the ship's ropes, she cut off most of her hair to embarrass her father into taking her. Plus, she refused to bow before (Queen) Elizabeth because she did not recognize her as the Queen of Ireland, during this meeting sneezed and was given a lace-edged handkerchief from a noblewoman. She apparently blew her nose into the handkerchief and then threw the piece of cloth into a nearby fireplace, much to the shock of the court. Ní Mháille bemusedly informed Elizabeth and her court that, in Ireland, a used handkerchief was considered dirty and was destroyed. This was meant as an insult towards the court. Badass lol.

Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 1:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• One of my favorite people from the past is Anne Boleyn. Yes she was technically a mistress but what alot of people dont know is she was persued and tried to get away from the attention but back then you could not say no to a King and ended up married to Henry VIII. When she couldnt have a boy (and many historians think Henry had an STD that helped in the many miscarriages his wives had) he had her killed. She did have Elizabeth who ended up being one of the greatest Queens in history. I like her because she was also educated, loved music, and was able to use her situation to try and introduce changes into the country. In many ways she was a feminist before it was cool I guess. She was also put to death because she was so feisty & would confront the King about things he did. I like her.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• JFK. He was a good president but it's a shame for him to have died so early in life
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 1:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Molly Pitcher,a historical figure that made her mark in history,Was my favorite book in school.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011