i have a question

how does waking help you go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes and nipple stimulation

Anonymous

• they say it helps the baby move down further and loosens up ur pelvis
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Supposedly it helps the baby move down further in your pelvis, but it doesn't help put you in labor, it only helps if you're in labor already. When I was prego with my daughter I walked all the time and I was still late and ended up getting my water broken.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Natural Ways To Induce Labor: What Works?

Dec 4, 2006 ... Exercise, such as walking, using a swing, belly dancing, using a hoola ... Acupressure is a method that does not over-stimulate your body. ...
    ezinearticles.com/?Natural-Ways-To-Induce-Labor:-What-Works?&id=
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• how can I naturally induce labor - methods | Pregnancy | SmartMomma

At this point, we’re sure you’re willing to try anything to naturally induce labor , are we right? Exercise – at this stage, walking is your best bet ...
    smartmomma.com/pregnancy/home_labor_methods.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Walking can help baby to move lower into the pelvis but also is a safe exercise. Exercise can help get the uterus moving (which is why some women are put on bed rest: even the littlest bit of movement can stimulate contractions).

Nipple stimulation can release a chemical in the body which stimules contractions...but oftentimes this are super strong, so it's not the best way to START labor...better to be used to help keep things progressing.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2008