My guy had a dream...

that he was staying at his moms and a girl spent the night at his house while i was on vacation and the girl slept in another room while he slept in his moms room. is that wat he desires? atleast he didnt sleep with her...
before we went to bed he was telling me how much he wants to sleep with other people. i was offended. is this girl just a friend in his dream? should a friend be sleeping at his house when im not there? what if ur husband had a girl, thats just a friend come over and spend the night when ur not there and claim they slept in diff rooms, would that hurt ur feelings? or is it no big deal if u trust the guy...

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 12:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Is that actually happening? Or are you just going overboard? I wouldn't be concerned unless it's actually happening.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• its happened before, but last time they slept together, now hes just dreaming about it
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Dreams are just random thoughts brought out of memory banks. That has no meaning and if it has meaning it would not be a literal one. Let it go. It's just a dream.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wait, what has happened before- them sleeping together in real life or a dream? dreams aren't always accurate depictions of realistic desires- but if you're man is telling you he wants to sleep with other people, i'd get to the bottum of that much larger problem (and/or maybe consider leaving?)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If this happened before (and you said that this time it's just a dream, so I'm assuming in reality he had some chick sleep over), then yes I think you're right to be bothered by it. Did you agree to let him sleep with someone else? If not, I'd tell him he needs to stop this behavior if he loves you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Break up with his sorry ass! You should be with a guy who is faithful, and not have to worry about it!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Leave him, he's telling you he wants to sleep with other people and now he's telling you about his "dreams" to see your reaction. He's screwing with your emotions, this is how things began with my ex and by the end I was a mess - he was always cheating but by then I was so afraid of leaving and he had me believing since it was always me he came home to that I should be happy. It's not the way relationships should work, no woman deserves that kind of a manipulative/self centered jerk in their lives. If my fiance told me he wanted to sleep with other women I'd be gone in a heart beat.
    Anonymous

• If my DH seriously told me he wanted to sleep with other people I would leave him and allow him that chance.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wow if my husband just come out and said he wanted to sleep with other people i'd show him the door right than and there, no questions asked, thats crazy. He sounds like an asshole to me
    chilligirl

Answer by chilligirl at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The dream itself is not an issue - people cannot control their dreams. I've dreamt before that I got back together with my ex and my dad thought it was a good idea, which would never ever happen - there's a debate over which of us hates my ex more!

What is an issue is him telling you how badly he wants to sleep with other people. That is a big problem. I would find myself seriously reconsidering my relationship if my SO told me that. I love him dearly, but I would not tolerate him sleeping with someone else, and I would find it very hard to trust him after he told me that.

I'd let the dream go, but definitely talk to him about what he said to you. That is something that needs to be addressed.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011