I have a stepson that Lies to his DAD trying to make me out to be a bad mom.

My husband and i have had so many fight over thinking the one doesnt like his child.
He 19 still at home and every chance he can he creates telling lies . My husband nose he lies but he seem to still favor his son on issue like I'm not feeding him, it always petty but it is created BIG deal . I need help ! The son doesn't want to like me I have tried to do all i can. Now when he comes threw the door I want to leave the room of fear of upsets.

TammyTeeter1

Asked by TammyTeeter1 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I dont think there is much you can do about other then talk to your husband about how it is affecting you. Kids no matter what age will try and create a problem if they dont like the step parent. Its just the nature of thing. That is his son and he is going to have the instinct to take his side because of that. I would just try to maybe tell him you need to talk seriously and maybe go some where together where you can sit and talk.

Answer by gemgem at 1:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Stepson is old enough to feed HIMSELF. I'd start feeding NEITHER of them. Let them see what it's really like. And if hubby doesn't get stepson to straighten up and fly right, time to walk.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have the same problem, except he's five.
    He thinks he can get away with anything, but my DH knows when he's lying.
    Sounds like the three of you need to sit down and talk. If that doesn't work, then try some family counseling.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Why on earth would you have to feed a grown man? He's 19 for goodness sakes. He should be out working and feeding himself. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend he can go torment instead of you? Dad needs to do something, like tell the young man to get out or at least get a life so he's not nit picking at you. I'd buy him a new video game and hope he stays in his room 24/7 and leaves me alone like most guys his age!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Always try to give him good maters and talk about the consequeses of the bad thing. Dont let him pass one bad behaivior
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Any time issues come up, do your best to make sure it's DAD that deals with brats bs and make sure to take some time for yourself.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 4:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• having kids yours or his need to know who is the boss if hubby not helping
    time you tell your house your rules don't like move out the door swings both ways in or out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Your step son is an adult. Your hubby should support you. Sounds like the kid needs to grow a pair and gethis own life, instead of leaning on daddy. Maybe you should get away for a while, to a relative or something and re-evaluate the situation. You don't deserve that kind of abuse from your step son.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 9:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i guess its time for you to leave then. obviously your husband will choose his child over you all the time. this is why i tell my friends to never marry a man that has children. I would always say the man will choose his children over you, no sense in trying to issue or get involved you will not win.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would calmly ask my husband why he stays with me if he thinks I am the horrible person his son makes you out to be.
    MamaLlamasBaby

Answer by MamaLlamasBaby at 12:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011