How can I help my husband lose weight?

He's always saying he would like to be back to his Marine Corp. weight. He's a pretty good way off of that. I think it would be good to get some weight off for his joints sake. He works at a machine shop lifting heavy things all day, and he's always on his feet, but he doesn't seem to lose any weight. I'm already doing the whole balanced diet for him, and that doesn't seem to work either.. I don't know what to do.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• Has your hubby seen a health care professional?

My hubby can not lose weight. They wanted him to walk and yet he is still not losing. Since he has hypothyroid they may put him on medication.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• he's got an appointment next week for a physical, mostly for his joints.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Tell him you want to get fit and you want him to be your workout partner. It will get you both moving, his feelings wont be hurt, and it could give you a chance to really get to talk to eachother if your out on a walk. My Dh and I do our best talking when walking together.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You should walk together. It will be fun
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Is he sneaking food/buying extra food at home? I think that you have to approach the situation very carefully. What kind of food does he like. If he likes all maybe he would be interest in Weightwatchers, if he is more of a meat/egg guy..maybe low carb.

I think until he wants to really drop weight there isnt a whole lot you can do. He has to want it.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 8:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011