I have some questions? Im a FTM

I went to the doc on wensday last week and the doc mesaured me at 36wks and i thought i was 35wks. and i gained like 3pds in less then a week and i wanted to know if that was normal sence its the last month? and i was also told once i started to gain weight at a fast rate that its almsot ready to have my baby?and my baby has also droped. and my doc hasnt checked me if im dialted yet and im wanting to know when they check for that also?and at my last U/S at 34wks my baby was 5pds and i hope he dont get that much bigger. i go to the doc on this wesday for another check up.

andrearhodes

Asked by andrearhodes at 1:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, that's normal stuff. You're body is getting ready. You won't be having the baby anytime soon unless you've seen some bloody show. Or if the doctor is going to induce you. There's a good chance you'll go past your due date.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• All normal. Most women don't measure EXACTLY in line with their weeks every single week, and it doesn't mean anything good or bad. Don't stress over the cervical checks, either- they really don't mean anything. I've had women who were dilated to 4cm for weeks or even months and nothing, and then other women who weren't dilated at all one day, then were holding a newborn the next. In all honesty, I'd refuse the checks. Weight fluctuations are totally normal at any time during pregnancy. They are NO indication of when you'll go into labor. There really isn't anything that indicates when you'll go into labor except going into labor. Some women drop several weeks before (I have a friend who dropped at 35 weeks, and then delivered at almost 42), but I know I didn't drop until my water broke. It's all very individual, and none of it necessarily means much.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Everything sounds normal. Every doctor is different if/when they check for dilation, but you can be dilating and not ready to deliver so it doesn't really matter. 5 lbs is small, so I'd hope he gets a little bigger. Weight estimates can be off by up to 2 lbs, either way, so if they estimate 5 lbs, guess 3-7 lbs for baby's weight.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• They don't usually check for dilation at that early of a stage. It is usually 38 weeks and beyond.

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011