Uterus completely tilted forward?

I have had 2 children and have never been told that I have a completely tilted forward uterus. What problems can that cause? Any?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am pregnant right now. They did my exam and told me this today.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• For many women a tilted uterus makes it much harder for them to concieve. For others it seems not to make a difference. Mine is tilted and I was told I would never be able to have kids. I was pregnant 4 times and gave birth to 3. So much for the 'odds". Mine was tilted so far that my crevix was basically facing my back. During labor this made the situation very uncomfortable. I had a lot of back labor. My son was taken emergency c-section but not because of the uterus, because my inner pelvis is shaped wrong and not big enough. I have had a Dr. tell me that in some women with a titled uterus if often self corrects near the end of the first trimester.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was told this too. This is my 5th pregnancy and have never heard about this till now like you. I am told though that it can sometimes cause slight bleeding and that it is possible that a c sec. Might happen. I have never had a c sec. Before so i am nerves to find out. I google it after i found out thats what i would do if you want to know more. Also ask your doc. At your next appt.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a tilted uterus. I was told that as pregnancy progresses, it fixes itself.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011