Another stupid move by this company I have been telling you about. Why are they doing this?

So, as you remember, this company asked me to drive two hours to pick up a drug screen form the other day. I did it. That was a four hour day. I rushed back home to get the drug screen done. When I was up there, he told me the job was more or less between me and another girl. (there are only two positions, so one for each). He showed me the potential schedule and all. Then explained that he would probably do training this week, after he gets the results of the drug test and everything else. So, knowing that the results all should be back by now, I get another call from him this morning saying that he will be in another town this week and would like me to come up and shadow him. STILL NO JOB OFFER FROM HIM. That's twice. I guess I'm not going to answer him phone call. I feel like I am being jerked around. If I had an offer, I would not hesitate. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would ask him what the job is and if he is offering you the job. I would be honest and tell him you have no problem with making arrangements if you have the job. I don't think there is anything wrong with being honest and if he doesn't give you a straight answer then I would not go.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yeah I would be leery. When my husband was looking for work one rule we had was no wasting time for no pay. Period.

Answer by gemgem at 1:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Something just seems wrong about that.

MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 2:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I haven't seen your other posts. But I would ask point blank if he's made a decision.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• GL.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Has he told you what the pay is? It seems like you have the job they are just doing paperwork. I would call him back and ask him when you need to fill out paperwork and then go shadow him. Jsut be friendly and honest. Just say, "I got your message. Does this mean you got back all the information you need? Is my start date this monday? When can we sit down to discuss salary and sign any paperwork you need?"

What kind of job is it?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011