Is it supposed to hurt this much when she moves?

When she kicks or pushes out on my stomach it seriously hurts. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say when it's at it's worse it's at a 6 and I have a good tolerance of pain. I'll be at work waitressing and will have to stop walking or bend over to wait for her to stop moving. I don't remember it being like this with my son. It's more than just uncomfortable. Does this mean she's big? Is it normal? I definitely plan on asking the doctor about this at my next appointment.

ours

Asked by ours at 1:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I know that if my baby is up in my ribs i get alot of pain. So it could be the way she is positioned. If it is all over then i would ask your doc. Hope that helps a little
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh my gosh yes! This is my 3rd and another boy. I am 29 weeks and very petite. There are times I will be walking and he will move and send me in a different direction! I have had to lay down and wait for him to settle. Sorry for the pain but I am glad you have an active baby!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh sorry I didn't mean yes its suppose to hurt, I meant yes it hurts me when mine moves around.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm only 22 weeks and she's discovered my bladder. That hurts a ton when she kicks, it like sends a surge of pain throughout my lower abdomen. I know my stomach muscles are generally sore because she never stops moving. But aside from the bladder issue, individual kicks don't cause a quick jump in pain. My stomach is at a general state of dull pain/sore muscles due to the stretching and constant movement.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am 30 weeks and my little boy is very very active!!! He has been head down for the longest so my pelvic area always hurt. I have never gotten really big either so I feel every little movement he makes. He hangs out on the right side always and loves stretching and punching the nerve in the right pelvic area and it hurts extremely bad!!! He also loves to kick my ribs at the same time. My OB told me this would happen and says she is not worried and that like everything else, I have to deal with it.
    byzzye

Answer by byzzye at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• A six out of ten is some serious pain, I would consult your doctor.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It hurt but not at a six level.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My mom told I was also very active and I actually broke her rib! That was whn she was 7 or 8 months prego!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my second son gave me an umbilical hernia and it hurt when they moved after i got that. i really don't miss being pregnant lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• What's an umbilical hernia? The area around my belly button is very sensitive and has been for about a month. If my son touches that area in any way it makes me flinch. It hurts pretty bad when he actually tries to sit on my stomach, or runs into me for a hug.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011