What would you do if....

Your dh takes you to a park for the weekend... you ask to go to the bathroom, but he ignores you for over 20 mins... He has to check in first, then he must see the cabin,
then he asks you to help him unload the baggage, chairs, tables, food etc from the truck, place all the food in the fridge.... and then.... oops,

"You REALLY wanted to go to the bathroom ? You were not assertive when you said it, and I thought it can't be urgent !"

How would you feel ? How can you be ASSERTIVE when you kindly ask you need to go to the bathroom ?

MamaaSutra

Asked by MamaaSutra at 1:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I usually just go to the bathroom when I tell someone I have to go. I dont wait for them lol or what they want to do.

Answer by gemgem at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Uh... why do you have to ask? Were you driving and you needed him to stop the car? It sounds like you were parked at some point... I'd have asked the check in clerk, "Where's the ladies' room" and just gone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Do you need his permission to go to the bathroom? If not then why didn't you just stop whatever you were doing and go?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I wouldnt ask, I just stop doing whatver and go. Ask someone if you cant find it and go.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 1:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Why didn't you just say, "Excuse me for a few. I'm going to the bathroom"?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't ask him if I can go to the bathroom, even when we're driving, I tell him I have to pee and to pull into the next rest stop. When I have to go, I go, no questions asked. And if he ever asked me if he could go to the bathroom I'd tell him I'm not his mother and he's not a child.
    Anonymous

• How would you feel?

I would not have waited and peed on myself. I can not even answer this question.

How can you be ASSERTIVE when you kindly ask you need to go to the bathroom ?

But repeating it, and then finding a bathroom to use.

Why do you feel the need to ask permission to use the bathroom? What's going on here in your relationship? Is he that controlling or are you that meek?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If it had been me, if the response from him hadn't been immediate, I would have told him within 30 seconds that I needed a bathroom immediately. Obviously, your husband needs the obvious spelled out to him so being clear would probably help your communication with him.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Let me express it better: We were in a huge park, in the middle on nowhere, and he had to take me to the WC by car,
    as it was located far apart from our cabin.

MamaaSutra

Comment by MamaaSutra (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I wouldnt have waited around for him to decide it was the right time to take me or whatever I would have been like "RICH! (my DH's name lol) I HAVE TO GO NOW!!! lol not saying that you should be yelling at people but it's better than having an accident on yourself ;)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011