Do you find Robert Pattinson a self involved brat?

He said in a recent article "Twilight is ruining my theatre dream"
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/227788/robert-pattinson-twilight-has-ruined-my-theater-dream.html#comment-430829
I wrote:
POOR rich kid. There are thousands of movie star wanna bee's in California working their butts off every day WISHING for a break, and all this spoiled BRAT can talk about is how Twilight is "ruining his theatre dream". Maybe he should have started out in theatre and then NO one would care who he is and he'd be another starving actor.

TICKS me off when stars in movies or TV say how their life sucks because they have money and fame..

bookmommy

Asked by bookmommy at 1:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don't know him personally so can't make that judgment.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I dont know him and try not to judge. I can imagine based on interviews from other cast members no one really knew how big the movie chain was going to be. One of them said they had no idea what they were getting themselves into, but they all ended up signing for the films because at the time most of them were unknowns. Pattison signed to get out of the Harry Potter cast type, and now is cast type again. I imagine not being able to go for a walk or anything without being chased would be more then annoying.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well, it's what every actor dreams of, becoming a star, and that's what goes along with it..it's not like they don't see how stars are treated in the media to know it could happen potentially. Just really BUGS me when people complain like that. I have several actor friends who would LOVE that opportunity.
    bookmommy

Comment by bookmommy (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• SOOO HOTT!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a couple of actor friends who actually have made it onto movies and TV shows and getting it and wanting it are two different things. All I can say is I see his point, then again you may have judges me as a self involved brat back in the day LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Was it really a complaint or a somewhat sarcastic humorous way he meant it?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Meh, he's probably right.
    Kind of like when a band has one hit and it's so over the top that it's all anyone cares about or ever wants to hear them play...while we may think it's silly to whine and that they should be grateful for the one hit they had, it does kind of suck for them because they have all these other songs that they've written and want to play at concerts, but no one seems to want to hear them. Nobody wants to be a one-trick pony, and I'm sure that Pattinson is just afraid that he'll never be able to break out of the Edward character. He could be correct, but time will tell.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well, for one thing...who knows if his phrase was taken out of context or just a flat-out lie by some disreputable rag? Who cares anyway?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• First of all, who cares? Second of all, after Twilight is over he's done for. I don't see any of those people going anywhere else. As for him being a self involved brat, who knows. He doesn't annoy me half as much as Charlie Sheen, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, Brad and Angie and every other piece of Hollywood trash.
    Anonymous